January 9, 2011

Audra, the once and future blogger...



Meet the heiress apparent for this blog.  Should something cause me to retire, I know precisely into whose capable hands it should be placed.  Our little Audra skipped her way into the living room where I was finishing up that day’s blog post a few mornings ago.  Her VTech kid’s camera in hand, she was snapping pictures just as I had heard her doing through the rest of the main floor of the house.  Her answer to the question I asked her while she was taking the picture to the right made me cringe.  I asked her what she was doing.  Her response?
“I’m taking pictures of every room in the house.  Then I’m going to write a story about how messy it always gets.”
Audra's view of the kitchen
Audra's view of her bedroom -
at least she includes herself in her analysis
Let the cringing commence.  I couldn’t deny the factuality of her story’s premise, but I was ashamed and embarrassed that this is the kind of home I’ve provided for my daughter and the rest of the family.
But my attitude was soon adjusted as I realized that once again, Audra was simply trying to be just like her mom.  What does she see me doing on a regular basis?  Taking pictures from room to room and writing stories to you about how messy our house always gets.  She’s never read this blog, but she knows that’s a topic I often return to.
And so she snapped away, asked me to print the pictures on half a piece of paper to leave room for her prose, and then got down to the business of writing.  She decided to write the story as though the messy house belonged to a few of her stuffed animals.  It’s still a work in progress, but it’s coming along nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment