January 8, 2011

Simply enjoying the scenery...

Most days when I write a little something about our life here at home in the Wilburness, I begin with some event or moment, and the written expression of my thoughts meanders from there to something more meaningful.  Sometimes it’s a blast from the past, while other times it’s something that happened the day before.  There might be tips on household management, or sometimes instead an admission of defeat in my attempts to successfully do it myself.  I often share parenting experiences that have either taught the children or my husband and me something important about life.  And sometimes I just write about the laundry.  No matter the topic, I do tend to take my time and write more than perhaps is necessary or interesting.
But today it’s short, simple, and straightforward.  I woke up this morning to the beautiful scenery above, and stepped out onto my front porch to take a picture of it to share with all of you.  I have no commentary on any deeper meaning to it, and no thoughts of how else it can be viewed.  It’s just pretty to me, and I thought it might be to you.  I’m thankful to live in a place where this is the backdrop to our family’s life.  And that’s all.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Laura! How funny you did this... I woke up to a beautiful, fresh, clean and white snow-covered canvas today, too! Big snowflakes falling and I'm entranced! No TV, no lights, just the bright white of the snow and silence. My boys are waking up and quietly (key word, there!) joining me in admiring God's beauty. I know you're miles away, but I'm so thankful to be able to watch God's creation with you!

    ReplyDelete